1211 Cavalier Road
Arnold, Maryland 21012
Cell: 443 995 5398
My painting endeavors to move beyond representation of the human anatomy; while seeking the essence of the subject’s soul yet allowing the mystery and questions to remain. As an artist, one must connect with their inner voice; that has been a deep and ongoing journey for me. I continue to explore the possibilities of line, color, paint and narrative; and, in doing so create my own visual language.
I am largely self-
Quote from Alice Neel: “You should keep on painting, no matter how difficult it is, because this is all part of experience and the more experience you have the better it is, unless it kills you and then you know you’ve gone too far.”
2018 • Lowe House of Delegates 2018 Maryland Legislative Session Exhibit, juror: Teddy Johnson, Asst. Professor Visual Arts, AACC, Maryland
• Fall Member Show, Maryland Federation of Art, juror: Jeremy Stern, Creative Alliance, Exhibits Director, Baltimore, Maryland
• “Humans”, What’s Up? Media Exhibit, Arts Council of Anne Arundel County, juror: Roberta Pardo, Chairman: Exhibits Committee.
• “The Big Show”, Creative Alliance, Member show, Baltimore, Maryland.
• “Midsummer Madness”, Maryland Federation of Art, Member Show, Annapolis, Maryland.
• “Snapshots: The Artist’s Gaze”, curator Rolando Chang, Governing Board, Armory Arts Center, owner: Activist
ArtistA Gallery, Boynton Beach, Florida.
• “Lowe House of Delegates 2016 Legislative Session Exhibit”, juror: Matt Klos, Associate Professor of Humanities and Visual Arts, Anne Arundel Community College, State Capital Building,
Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis, Maryland.
• “Moments In Time”, BWI Airport 16th Exhibit, Arts Council of Anne Arundel County, juror: Roberta Pardo, Chairman: Exhibits Committee
• “Reflections”, BWI Airport 15th Exhibit, juror: Roberta Pardo, Chairman: Exhibits Committee, Arts Council of Anne Arundel County.
• Annapolis Maritime Museum, Arts Alliance of Annapolis, 4th annual Show, juror: Frank Brennan, Board of Directors, Annapolis, Maryland
• Creative Alliance, Member Show, Baltimore, Maryland.
• “Flesh and Bone”, curated by J. Byron, Artists Advisory Committee, Hilliyer Art Space, Washington, D.C.
• “Studies from Figure Co-
• “AACO: Artists of Anne Arundel County”, juror: J. Shipman, Director of Art Gallery, University of Maryland, College Park, MD., Gallery at Quiet Waters Park, Annapolis, Maryland
• “Portraits from Portrait Co-
• “Maryland Federation of Art Celebrates 50”, group exhibit, Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis, Maryland
Professional Integrative Yoga Therapist, 500Hr level, National certification,
Washington Hospital Center School of Nursing, RN, Washington, DC
University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, Bachelor of Science, Textile Design
Boca Raton Museum School, Boca Raton, Florida
Armory Art Center, West Palm Beach, Florida.
Torpedo Art Factory School, Alexandria, Virginia
Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Annapolis, Maryland
Natural Pigments: Best Painting Practices, Raleigh, North Carolina
Maryland Arts Council, Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis, Maryland
Creative Alliance, Baltimore, Maryland
Arts Alliance of Annapolis, Annapolis, Maryland
Women in the Visual Arts, Boca Raton, Florida
The Gallery at Local by Design
1818 Margaret Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21401